Thursday, January 13, 2022

Capturing Papphausen on Film

Decided to take my Pentax with 50mm lens and loaded with HP5 to the layout and try to take some photographs. Need to work on the harsh lighting and depth of field, but it's a good start. The Diebels "Bude" was a few doors down from my grandparents in Duisburg and the place we picked up Opa's case of König Pilsner and sweets as kids. The Bude in the background (behind the S-Bahn) is the Bergbau-Grill in Bochum. The tank engine is on loan from the Gelsenkirchener Bergbau A.G. (GBAG), a nod to the city I lived in for my apprenticeship.

Fresh roll of film in camera and going to go back to capture more scenes soon.

BR23 with DB prototype bi-levels.

Just a street corner by the harbor... Where's the body? Schimanski probably in line at the Bude chatting up the owner and enjoying a beer.

S-Bahn BR 111 above, Bude below.

GBAG Br 94 by the Bude. Lokführer and Heizer need a Bier...

The Joswood Taubenschlag (Pigeon shed) and a Hinterhof of BMW 2002s.
Love that car, and they remind me of the one I [had] restored. It was sold.

The Bude in the background (behind the S-Bahn) is the Bergbau-Grill in Bochum.


No comments: