Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New (Re)Construction 3

Well, almost a year to the day and I've finally gotten back to working on this corner of the layout. Didn't touch it since last January in terms of building, scenery, ... Below several shots from today with more. As always, still more detailing to do and then off to other areas... Also swapped out my DR stock for DB stock late last summer... Not much else happening here as I seem to have been focusing on my binding/book arts work for the past year and a half or so. Still, use lots of cardboard/paper in both.

Street front view
Detail with view of the Bude (kiosk) where we used to get the beer for my Opa and Haribo for ourselves...
Here the real thing on the Kölnerstr. in Duisburg...
Heading 'round the corner...
Hinterhof. Still some vegetable beds and other details to put in.
And pulling back a bit more to show the speeding BR94 borrrowed back from the G.B.A.G. by the DB...

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Your buildings are a real work of art. I'm curious how you learn how to use card stock like that? I've been focused on plastic, but really like the look you're able to get with these structures.

Peter D. Verheyen said...

Thank you. I built commercial card model kits when I was a kid, as well as the usual plastic, and then when I got back into model railroading 20 years later picked it up again. Saw some good articles in MIBA, a German model railroad mag, found other tips online, and experimented. Using the photos for freestanding structures grew out of detailing commercial kits that tended to be flat. I also wrote a tutorial on how I did it that is accessible at http://www.philobiblon.com/eisenbahn/plattenbau.shtml. Have go at it and have fun. Peter